Why do we struggle so much with our finances? What went wrong?
I bet you are more than familiar with the words living paycheck to paycheck, student loans, no emergency fund. Whoa! That’s a lot.
The root issue is that most of us lack financial knowledge. A study shows that financial literacy in Africa ranges from 51% in Botswana (highest) to 15% in Somalia (lowest).
But why do we need financial literacy?
To keep our finances in shape
Longer life spans
Complexity of financial products
Limited Government support
What You Will Learn
- How finance affects all of us
- How to gain an understanding the financial world (Budgeting, managing debt, Savings and Investments, Financial Terms, spotting financial frauds, scams)
- Gain the fundamental knowledge, skills, and tools of finance and the ability to apply them everywhere, in personal and professional situations
- Different frameworks for decision-making
- Acquire skills in using different decision-making tools, and learn to make sound personal and professional financial decisions
- The concept of Time Value of Money (TVM) and apply related tools and frameworks to everyday decisions